Sorry for posting this a day late and sorry again that this is a sad, sad menu for the week. We ended up having leftovers twice this week, so I didn’t make our “Beef Dish”. I will move what I had originally planned, Spaghetti with Homemade sauce, to next weeks menu. I am going to start posting which meals I used as leftovers and where we had dinner out at. Hopefully, this will help show you which items make a little bit extra so you can choose how you want to plan your meals.
- Beef Dish – NONE – We had a second leftover night this past week.
- Chicken Dish – Gluten Free Chicken Nuggets and Tator Tots (I don’t think Tator Tots our on our “good” list but they were in the freezer and it was Monday so the Hubs had school and I knew the kids would eat them.)
- Sandwich – Grilled Chicken BLT with Basil Mayo
- Veggie – Crockpot Black Bean Soup with Brown Rice (I did not add the celery or carrots to mine, I didn’t have any so I didn’t add them. I also used half the amount of water and used chicken broth instead of veggie broth. I guess technically mine wouldn’t be “veggie” but I used chicken broth because it was in my pantry.)
- Cheap – BBQ @ Friends House (we brought a Watermelon)
- Leftovers – Black Bean Soup with Brown Rice
- Leftovers- For the life of me I can’t remember what we ate this day, I know it was a Tuesday and the Hubs was home because he didn’t have school. But, food wise, I have no idea what we had for dinner. Seeing as I didn’t make one meal that was planned I am assuming we had leftovers but not sure what it was. But then again we could have ate at my mother-n-laws house, that’s very possible. Oh… as I am writing this I remember… we ate at my mother-n-laws house and had copy cat PF Chang’s Lettuce Wraps. I can’t believe I forgot that. They were absolutely delicious!! The recipe calls for hoisin sauce but she used some sort of peanut sauce.
- Dinner Out – Mexican Restaurant
Here is your shopping list. I included the items for the PF Chang’s Lettuce Wraps. Both the lettuce wraps and the Grilled Chicken BLT with Basil Mayo call for sriracha sauce. It isn’t an ingredient I use often, it was a coincidence two menu items used that same sauce. My mother-n-law who likes things a little bit more spicy added that sauce to her black beans and rice, she said she just LOVES that sauce. I didn’t try the sriracha sauce but I did try my black beans and rice with Louisiana hot sauce on leftover night and thought it was pretty darn good, it gave it a little extra kick.
<Side Note: I had plenty of the Grilled Chicken BLT with Basil Mayo ingredients left over that I used for lunches, which you can see how I used them if you click on recipe link above, that you could use as a leftover dinner option as well.>
My shopping list image will most likely change and keep changing until I feel like I have found the perfect fit. This will work for now, it’s late and I need to go to bed. 🙂
I hope you guys have a great week and enjoy this weeks menu!!